Subject: Re: video seq.s w/PAR-TBCIV
From: [email-masked] (Dave Barnard)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 95 20:09 BST-1

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>

>Tom, I upgraded to the better/faster drive.  About the best you
>can hope for from the PAR on captures is "good VHS".
>It is certainly usable, but it is not transparent capture.

Strange - I did many tests at a facility house when I first got my 
PAR, the results were visually indistiguishable from BetaSP.

I was using a Grade2 component PAL monitor, so maybe It doesn't look 
so good in composite NTSC. The PAL version maybe higher quality 
too.

BTW, the highest quality recording came with using a block limit 
of 300 at Q15. For most grabbing, Q10-12 is about the best I find, 
using a Micropolis drive.

>---- Dave ----<

--
[email-masked] (Dave Barnard) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]